…oh how I can’t wait to see what this year brings me.
To be completely honest, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day have never really been a big deal to me. But this year is different. Many changes and good things are coming down the pike. Just to name a few that are on the forefront of my mind:
- 120 hour practicum at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
- Last semester of nursing school
- Applying for jobs
- Interviews galore
- Graduating (AHHHHH!)
- Deciding where I want to live/work (this is going to be the hardest thing), which includes likely moving from my hometown I’ve lived my entire life
- Starting my career as a nurse
- Entering actual adulthood where you can just work, pay bills, and have days off. To some that might sound terrible, but I can’t wait for that
- Life changes that are always unforeseen
I know I left things out, but to say I’m excited for 2018 is an understatement. I truly believe the reason people love to celebrate the New Year so much is because it’s a form of a “reset button”. 2016 and 2017 have been filled with learning experiences and many unfortunate events that took place but I wouldn’t change any of it. I am happy to say I’m thankful for where I’m at and where I’m going.
I have so many burning passions, hopes, and dreams… to meet the man I will get married to, have children of my own eventually, pursue friendships, grow myself more in God’s word and who He wants me to be, use my talents for Him and Him alone… but the more I desire these things the more I notice myself relying on ME to “make” it happen. Y’all, I know that’s not possible. So if I had to make a New Year’s resolution, it is to lean on God in all circumstances and not my own understanding, cast all my worries, fear, and uncertainty away, make my requests known to Him, learn how to be more patient with desires I have that do not happen in my own timing but His, and be trusting in His plan for my life.
This resolution is no small feat but I know it’s not impossible to get to that complete resting place.
Happy New Year, friends. I hope this is your best year to come!